Sunday, May 31, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A MONTH MAKES!!

IN THE MOMENTS OF URGENCY

I went ahead and made reservations to fly in October to Nebraska. Only after I made the reservation, did someone call me from one of the agencies I was told to contact to make arrangements to find a place for me to live!


They said that they would gladly mail applications ... not what the other conctact said. That is what the trip is for, to fill out paperwork and such.

When I decided to get my plane ticket to fly out and meet with the Housing Authority, it was done after what it was that I was waiting for. To my understanding, there would be a lag time of up to 6 mos. before I would find out if I qualified for housing. If I waited until the end of the year, then I would be skirting the fringes of my 'sell by date', putting me in June of next year. Because 'stuff happens', and to take advantage of the advertised sale on airfare, I went on and made my October reservation. I should have 'pocket change' for the trip because it is days after my check arrive. I don't need to 'save' specifically for the trip. I can concentrate on getting back on my self payment schedule, and try to get my savings to that magic number of $2ooo again.

Even that doesn't seem to be enough, but that is the target. There is some less than good feedback from whatever link Nebraska the person and I have right now. One of the positive things from this rapproachment is that I get to ask myself again, is it for her or is this for me?

Louder and clearer, it comes back that this is for me. That is why I am going to be comfortable should it come about that I am sitting here in March of '10. Because that will only mean that I am getting ready to leave, not that I have resigned to remaining here.

No comments: