Progress Report
Had hoped that I could get some stuff done by mail ... could have sped things along, but no such luck. Dag! Today, I took another step towards my leaving, picking up my file from my attorney for my disability case.
This is where I utilize, 'selective denial'. See, I already KNOW what is wrong with me, and my good sense tells me what I can and can't do. What I would NEED to know is what I NEED to know.
See, like the cat that was on 'The Today Show' yesterday, and every so often in the news (prolly under most folks radar ... after all, brain trauma is something that I am interested in) there is stories about advances in that area that they did not know before. Since there is still a lot they don't know, and it seems like there are people getting back to super high levels of their abilities, why should I read a report that says what I can't do?
That cat somehow came back from being dead. And he is up walking around. There are all kinds of these marvels happening all over the world ... why can't I believe that I am one of them?
So I don't even think of it as 'denial' as it is finding a way to make a way through life.

No comments:
Post a Comment