Riding the elevator up to my apartment, I reflected on something Nebraska mentioned about how disappointed she was with the key card system here at my apartment building. She did not like that she had to have me come down an let her in. At first I did not understand why because I could not imagine such door security being out of place in project housing. I then thought about the times after I first arrived in town and how I thought it would be a keen thing for her to plan a 'surprise' by beating me to my apartment. But with the key card required, I don't think that she would be able to make anything like that happen. A light came on- and I am going to approach her from a different direction whenever we sit down and talk.
For me, the whole 'what I am used to; what I am not used to' debate is old as is the reflective 'what I expected; what I did not expect' about my arrival here and our and the way our relationship has progressed. Other than a mutual attraction and interest, I did not have any preconception about Omaha or how we'd get along. But it was in the elevator that I first thought that it is Nebraska's idea of what we'd be like together that has contributed to our frequent misunderstandings. It isn't about her not being anything that I thought but more that she had hopes for us that she did not disclose and that contributes to our discord. It makes sense, with her taking her idea as the standard, and her seeing me in a better light at a distance. She misses me when we are on these 'breaks' and this latest one is no exception. She has not only broke with the 'no contact' rule she imposed with a few e-mails this week but I just have a sense that she has stronger feelings that she is willing to share with me.
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment