Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

Tee Jay sends out signals that she would look favorably if I was to try to win her back and starting a new relationship.  I also think Nebraska would really enjoy my company and like having me near her.

The both of them kind of shape up as a Terrell Owens/Randy Moss pair in my mind, both similar in that they have reputations as prima donna's but in my view, are actually very different, despite what is seen by the naked eyes as commonalities.

Both Tee Jay and Nebraska are very beautiful women to me, and both very capable of being fantastic partners to anyone, much less me.  They both come with pro's and cons, which I will have to weigh as I continue to work on restructuring my life.  As I used sports in my thinking as a metaphor, I am going to use the NFL for this particular discussion.

In comparing apples and oranges, people overlook that they are both fruits and therefore is good and beneficial.  It is only a matter of preference that their differences are pronounced.  Same thing when comparing 'football players' and determining the direction of your 'team'.  Do you draft a whiz kid from college and spend a lot of money on someone who seems to be a talent, albeit on a certain level with no guarantee they would be productive, much less the talent that they were in college, or do you go the 'free agent' route and pick up someone who has proven on this level that they can compete among the best, making Pro Bowls, but may have started a slide into decline ... not steep, and barely there, but you have to wonder how much is left before you make a big commitment to them.

Terrell Owens was able to develop under Jerry Rice in San Fransico.  He supplanted Jerry and became the main threat for the 49'ers passing game.  On the surface, he gave the apperance of a spoiled, selfish player, even throwing a teammate, quarterback Jeff Garcia 'under the bus' when things weren't going well.  Caused a lot of controversy.

Randy Moss is not without his share of baggage.  In college, he was supposed to go toa big school, but couldn't because of some legal issues.  Bounced around, played spectacularly at a smaller school, then was drafted, not where his talent warranted, high in the draft board, but in the middle to low part of the 1st round ... mind you, this still meant he would get millions of dollars, just not as many million as he had hoped.  When he played for the Minnesota Vikings, his talent was obvious and the team won games.  But he had periods of moodiness, and would not listen to consul of the veterans around him.  He left Minnesota, went to Oakland where things were worse, and he didn't like it.

He is in New England now, a winning team, but whose star quarterback was lost for the season.  What is Randy going to do?  Superficially, people lump them both in the same boat, yet there is a difference between them ...

Nebraska looks like she was sent from central casting in my mind.  I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes from her in a room full of super models and Playboy beauties.  She has all the things that I am looking for in a woman, so I would not want anyone else.  Of course I could say the same about Tee Jay and it be equally true.  Were they to be in my life, in the same town, that would cause a nullification on a cosmic level, which is REALLY why I think I am diggin' on Sage Steele.  Digression, coming back to Nebraska.

To me, she is like the young stud coming out of college, a career of accolades and steady development into the All-America, high draft pick person that she is.  Younger and with more potential (maybe), there isn't any doubt that she should get that big rookie contract ...

... but should I be the one to offer it to her?

The big thing that started to turn my opinion of Terrell Owens was his time with Philadelphia.  Again, he stirred up the pot with his quarterback, but where there was some whispers in San Francisco, they became louder in Philly.  He was really a good teammate, practiced hard, and was helpful to improving how social relations and the dynamics of the team were.  He played for himself, but he also played for the team, which is what he showed when the Eagles were in the Super Bowl and he came back from a broken leg far sooner than expected.  Not only did he come back, but he was the best player for Philly that day.  At risk to his entire career, he laid it on the line for the one sure chance at a Super Bowl ring.

Randy Moss went to New England for the chance to get to a Super Bowl, as they are the best team in the NFL.  He played hard and well, despite his reputation (some would say penchant) for going lax on plays not designed to go his way, and not to play hard all the time he was on the field.  What will he do now that it isn't going to be as simple as having the best quarterback throw him the ball, and that he is going to have to work with someone who may not be as skilled at the position?  There is malingering in his reputation.

Because Tee Jay and I have actually been a couple, and I have a better idea of how things would be, I had to make her the 'experienced' free agent, who is more of a known quantity.  As much as I love her, she still has some 'items' attached to her as well.

Nebraska, I am sure, underestimates how much I 'know' about her.  I have literally dated hundreds of women, and this has been an interest of mine as long as she has even been alive.  I can gauge her, how she will act or 'play' if you will.  My instincts are very good ... I don't have the totals that I have for nothing.

Another reason, I am not going to rush into things.  I do think she would be more open to a relationship if I were in town.  What she doesn't know is that she has come close to saying 'magic words', things that would cause me to scuttle the whole thing and start anew.  I am going to wait until I go to Omaha to find out what's what about her, before I make any more evaluations about her.

No comments: